Happy New Year!
From the Advanced Imaging Conference management team! We hope you have a fun, safe and memorable 2015 with clear, dark, steady skies and the time to enjoy them!
Plan to attend the 11th annual 2015 Advanced Imaging Conference
Mark your calendars, set aside Friday, October 16 through Sunday, October 18, 2015 and plan to attend the next Advanced Imaging Conference! This year's meeting will be bigger and better than ever! In fact, to accommodate this fall's gathering , we will convene at the San Jose Convention Center in the heart of the Silicon Valley- Downtown San Jose, California.
|The San Jose Convention Center.
The all new AIC 2015 will include:
Friday will be dedicated to workshops brimming with the world's most expert instructional advice covering image processing, data acquisition and the use of popular processing software applications for deep space, planetary, solar and TWAN photography. It's a treasury of information you'll find no where else on Earth (and, no, we won't scrimp on our support for long exposure astrophotography)!
- Upgraded, expanded meeting, exhibition and workshop venues
- Free, hi-speed Wi-Fi throughout the Convention Center
- A greatly enlarged choice of excellent overnight accommodations (we suggest you hold a reservation now to guarantee a good rate):
- Marriott Hotel - take an elevator from your room to the Convention Center
- Hilton Hotel- conveniently connected down a short hallway to the Convention Center
- Hyatt Place Hotel- hey, it's a Hyatt and only a few steps across the street from the Convention Center
- The Fairmont Hotel- pamper yourself at the most luxurious hotel in San Jose and only a 5 minute walk from the Convention Center
- The Sainte Claire Hotel- an historic icon with 21st century facilities and amenities- only one block from the Convention Center
- The Ramada Hotel- a great value and only two blocks from the Convention Center
- Easy walking distance to an abundance of exciting restaurants, grills, pubs, fast food and late night entertainment venues plus visual and performing arts facilities
- Close proximity to San Jose International Airport (located only 4 miles away)
The Saturday and Sunday sessions also promise an exciting constellation of Astro-imaging's brightest stars and, throughout the long weekend, AIC 2015 will showcase the latest technology from our community's leading vendors, manufacturers and service providers with expanded exhibitor hours throughout the conference!
We will be rolling back our 2015 attendee registration fee and your general admission price will include:
Friday night dinner and lunch on Friday and Saturday will be at your option from local full service or fast food restaurants located within easy walking distance of the convention center or (for lunch only) from AIC designated caterers who will provide service within the meeting venue at a nominal price.
- Admission to all work shops and the weekend sessions
- Admission to the Technology Showcase exhibition area throughout the conference
- Complementary Saturday coffee break
- A memorable gourmet Saturday night dinner at famous Il Fornaio
But, don't come alone! Bring your spouse, companion or your entire family and, for a small additional per person fee, they can join our special companion tour all day Saturday or explore downtown San Jose while you're at the meeting.
Look for more information about AIC 2015 speakers, the meeting and workshop agenda, prices and registration opening date in upcoming Scintillion newsletters.
Remember, there are other great gatherings where you can shop for better equipment but only the Advanced Imaging Conference equips you to create better images!
Plan to be there!
Next Issue: The 2015 Hubble Award Recipient