Step into the AIC Spotlight
This year, the AIC introduces a special opportunity for you to step on stage and into astrophotography's brightest spotlight!
The 2010 meeting agenda has four 15 minute Spotlight Presentation openings during the general session that will enable you to give a short prepared presentation on a topic that can benefit the astrophotography community. Subjects can include but are not limited to:
It's important to note that AIC Spotlight Presentations cannot include topics that promote specific products or services.
- Unique processing techniques;
- Collaborations between amateurs or between amateurs and professionals;
- Custom solutions to common image acquisition problems or
- Challenging observatory and equipment solutions.
Submit your Spotlight Presentation proposal to the AIC Now! Here's how:
Final selections will be announced in September.
- Send an email to AIC 2010 Spotlight Presentations
- Include a brief explanation about your proposed topic
- Include your web site URL and a phone number where you can be contacted
2010 Tzec Maun- AIC Scholarship
For the second year, the Tzec Maun Foundation has generously joined with the AIC to sponsor two scholarships that may be used to attend the 2010 Advanced Imaging Conference. Valued at up to $500, each scholarship includes full conference registration and up to $200 towards roundtrip airfare or ground transportation to and from the meeting. The scholarships are limited to educators and students.
To apply, select one of the following links that is most appropriate and complete the application (normally used to apply for use of a Tzec Maun Foundation telescope). Be sure to complete the field at the bottom of the page. Scholarships will be awarded based on the response submitted in this field.
If you do not qualify, please pass this information to someone who would benefit from the opportunity of attending our conference this fall.
AIC Image Gallery
Let your light shine throughout the conference by sending us your best images for the AIC Image Gallery. Displayed throughout the conference during breaks, lunches and the Saturday night dinner, by the end of the meeting your work will have been seen over a dozen times by other meeting attendees- and they will become part of the AIC permanent collection on the AIC web site following the conference.
This is not a contest, there will be no judges and no one will receive a blue ribbon. Instead, this is a celebration of our hobby and, as a result, everyone is guaranteed to be a winner! So, here's an opportunity for you to shine a spot light on your astrophotography talent! In fact, your most difficult challenge may be deciding which images to feature!
To enter, follow our simple guidelines then upload your pictures to our server. It's fast and easy!
Click here! to get started.
AIC 2010: Prepare to be delighted!
This year's conference is promising to be the best one yet! Join us to see and hear many of astro-imaging's best and most brilliant stars! Here's our full line-up of speakers and the agenda.
- Workshops by:
- Steve Bisque will demonstrate and explain how to leverage the full potential of TheSkyX Professional Edition with your imaging projects;
- Bob Denny will show you how to fully automate image acquisition with ACP;
- Neil Fleming will guide you through the fundamentals of narrow band imaging;
- Doug George will walk you through the latest version of his Maxim DL image processing application;
- Don Goldman will de-mystify image processing and help new imagers overcome common hurdles of producing great pictures;
- Tony Hallas will step through advanced image processing techniques that will take your images to the next level;
- Zolt Levay & Lisa Frattare will explain how to download and process data from the Hubble Space Telescope archive;
- Brad Moore will show how to optimize your entire image train and improve your data collection;
- Stan Moore, will illuminate the latest enhancements found in CCDStack V2;
- John Smith & Steve Walters help you plan and obtain data through automation.
- General session presentations by:
- Russ Crowman will make a rare appearance and present the 2010 Hubble Lecture;
- Rogelio Bernal Andreo will discuss wide field image acquisition and his unique processing methods;
- Al Kelly will help you reproduce accurate color in your images;
- Todd Klaus will explore the parallels between the Kepler Mission and backyard imaging;
- Zolt Levay & Lisa Frattare describe their role in making the IMAX film "Hubble 3D";
- Kevin Nelson will explain how CCD chips function and provide a glimpse into the future of digital sensors;
- Martin Pugh will offer insights into the creation of high resolution images and
- Spotlight Presentations will present four special talks by leading imagers in our community.
Adventure in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park
Exclusive Saturday Tour for Spouses and Traveling Companions
Bring your spouse or a traveling companion to this year's meeting and we'll help keep them fed and entertained while you're in session with our special Saturday trip, this year, to San Francisco's Golden Gate Park- home of the world famous Science Academy and Zoo!
This special tour includes round-trip transportation from the hotel, tickets to the Academy of Science or San Francisco Zoo with over four hours to enjoy them, afternoon snack and a memorable sightseeing trip across the Golden Gate Bridge with ample opportunities for photographs.
Plus, the $75 per person cost for this tour includes all conference meals (worth almost $200), too-
AIC can be a great time for everyone! Make your Saturday Tour bookings when you register for AIC 2010.
- Friday continental breakfast,
- Friday lunch,
- Friday dinner,
- Saturday full breakfast,
- Saturday dinner and
- Sunday full breakfast.
The 2010 Advanced Imaging Conference Rates
Register and join us this year for AIC 2010. Conference rates are per person.
Registration fees include:
- Friday workshops:$150
- General Session (Friday night, Saturday & Sunday): $275
- Full Conference: $345 (you save $80!)
We accept most major charge cards, Paypal and personal check.
- Free ground transportation between San Jose International Airport and the conference hotel
- Thursday, October 21: limited to every half hour between 4:00PM and 9:00PM
- Sunday, October 24: limited to every half hour between 12:00PM and 3:00PM
- Admittance to conference venue, workshops and/or general session;
- Admittance to the Technology Showcase;
- Friday workshops: Continental breakfast, Lunch
- General Session: Friday dinner, Saturday full breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, Sunday full breakfast
- Full conference: all of the above
- Free parking at the hotel
- Discounts at hotel restaurants
- Souvenir program guide
The 2010 Conference Venue
Book your room now for this year's conference at the Four Diamond Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, located near Great America Amusement Park and just a few minutes from San Jose International Airport!
We've arranged for a special AIC room discount of just $99 per night- our fourth year at this price! But hurry, this special rate is limited- once our room block is sold out, it's gone! The AIC 2010 rate is only available when you book your room through this private AIC Hotel link- bookings made through on-line booking sites, such as Expedia, Travelocity or others, will not feature this special rate.
AIC 2010 at the Santa Clara Hyatt Regency features:
- Special conference negotiated $99 per night room rate (our room rates have not changed in 4 years!);
- Free parking for local attendees;
- Upgraded meals throughout the conference including sit-down hot breakfasts;
- Reasonable prices and special conference discounts at the three on-property restaurants featuring Sushi, classic American or Mediterranean cuisine;
- Complimentary shuttle service from the San Jose International Airport to the hotel;
- Newly appointed rooms- the hotel recently completed a $12 million renovation bringing it to Hyatt standards;
- Quiet, restful nights- the hotel is situated far from major sources of noise pollution such as freeways;
- Special tee times and discounted rates at the Santa Clara Golf & Tennis Club located adjacent to the hotel;
- Conference functions will take place at the adjoining Santa Clara Convention Center
- ...and more
This newsletter and its contents are copyright 2010© Advanced Imaging Conference.
Contact us at email@example.com
If you wish to cease receiving this newsletter, send a email to firstname.lastname@example.org and make the message subject "Unsubscribe"