Register Now for AIC 2010
|On behalf of the AIC Board of Directors, I invite you to take advantage of a special opportunity and register for the 2010 Advanced Imaging Conference before we open registration to the general public. Since many months prior to the 2009 gathering, the AIC Board has worked very hard to make sure our 2010 meeting will be the greatest astrophotography rally yet!
AIC 2010 features an exciting galaxy of astrophotography's brightest stars (both familiar and legendary), 18 engaging workshops, 11 stimulating presentations and more than 30 amazing technology exhibitions jammed-packed into a highly memorable, three-day long weekend.
Also new for this year, you'll enjoy a hearty cooked Saturday and Sunday breakfast, our lunches will be hot and plated (not cold and served in a box) plus we've expanded our agenda to include a Friday evening dinner followed by the conference's opening general session.
AIC 2010 will also mark our seventh annual get together and our first at a superior venue- the Santa Clara Hyatt Regency and the adjacent Santa Clara Convention Center. Our new facilities offers the comfort of a deluxe room, tastier food selections, special AIC beverage discounts, three alternative on-property restaurants and free local attendee parking for the same low $99 per night rate we've been offering since 2006! However, because we only have a limited number of rooms at this special low $99 rate, I encourage you to register and book your room as soon as possible! We cannot guarantee the availability of additional accommodations at this exclusive price. So, when they're gone, they're gone.
Of course, where else will you have the opportunity to renew fond astro-friendships, have face to face conversations with people you've only known through the Internet, discuss techniques with the world's best imaging experts, talk with the principals of leading astrophotographic manufacturers and inspect (or purchase) any of their latest toys!
In short, AIC 2010 will be the most exhilarating 36 hours to eat, drink, talk, think and sleep about astroimaging that you will ever experience this year! It's the astrophotography Universe brought to Earth illuminated by hundreds of enthusiasts who share your fervor- if you don't believe me, ask anyone who's attended a previous meeting.
If this will be your first conference, prepare to be delighted!
If you're a returning veteran, it'll be like a homecoming!
In short, take my advice and register now! I hope to see you there!
President, Advanced Imaging Conference
The 2010 Conference Venue
Book your room now for this year's conference at the Four Diamond Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, located near Great America Amusement Park and just a few minutes from San Jose International Airport!
Mark your calendars for October 22- 24, 2010.
We've arranged for a special AIC room discount of just $99 per night- our fourth year at this price! This special rate is only available when you book your room through this private AIC Hotel link- bookings made through on-line booking sites, such as Expedia, Travelocity or others, will not feature this special rate.
Santa Clara Hyatt Regency features:
- Special conference negotiated $99 per night room rate (our room rates have not changed in 4 years!);
- Free parking for local attendees;
- Upgraded meals throughout the conference including sit-down hot breakfasts;
- Reasonable prices and special conference discounts at the three on-property restaurants featuring Sushi, classic American or Mediterranean cuisine;
- Complimentary shuttle service from the San Jose International Airport to the hotel;
- Newly appointed rooms- the hotel recently completed a $12 million renovation bringing it to Hyatt standards;
- Quiet, restful nights- the hotel is situated far from major sources of noise pollution such as freeways;
- Special tee times and discounted rates at the Santa Clara Golf & Tennis Club located adjacent to the hotel;
- Conference functions will take place at the adjoining Santa Clara Convention Center
- ...and more
The 2010 Advanced Imaging Conference Rates
Register and join us this year for AIC 2010. Conference rates are per person.
Registration fees include:
- Friday workshops:$150
- General Session (Friday night, Saturday & Sunday): $275
- Full Conference: $345 (you save $80!)
We accept most major charge cards, Paypal and personal check.
- Admittance to conference venue, workshops and/or general session;
- Admittance to the Technology Showcase;
- Friday workshops: Continental breakfast, Lunch
- General Session: Friday dinner, Saturday full breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, Sunday full breakfast
- Full conference: all of the above
- Souvenir program guide
Adventure in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park
Exclusive Saturday Tour for Spouses and Traveling Companions
Bring your spouse or a traveling companion to this year's meeting and we'll help keep them fed and entertained while you're in session with our special Saturday trip, this year, to San Francisco's Golden Gate Park- home of the world famous Science Academy and Zoo!
The tour includes round-trip transportation from the hotel, tickets to the Academy of Science or San Francisco Zoo with over four hours to enjoy them, afternoon snack and a memorable sightseeing trip across the Golden Gate Bridge with ample opportunities for photographs. Plus, the $75 per person cost for this tour includes all conference meals (worth almost $200), too-
AIC can be a great time for everyone! Make your bookings when you register for AIC 2010.
- Friday continental breakfast,
- Friday lunch,
- Friday dinner,
- Saturday full breakfast,
- Saturday dinner and
- Sunday full breakfast.
Submit your AIC Spotlight Presentation Proposal Now
This year, the AIC introduces a special opportunity for you to step on stage and into astrophotography's brightest spotlight!
The 2010 meeting features four 15 minute slots during the general session that will enable you to give a short prepared presentation on a topic that can benefit our community. Subjects can include but are not limited to:
It's important to note that AIC Spotlight Presentations cannot include topics about products or services.
- Unique processing techniques;
- Collaborations between amateurs or between amateurs and professionals;
- Custom solutions to common image acquisition problems or
- Challenging observatory and equipment solutions.
Submit your presentation proposal to the AIC Now! Here's how:
Final selections will be announced in August.
- Send an email to AIC 2010 Spotlight Presentations
- Include a brief explanation about your proposed topic
- Include your web site URL and a phone number where you can be contacted